[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Sync service - unsupported attribute when syncing

Jonas Courteau jonas.courteau at bravenet.com
Thu Oct 2 01:10:54 UTC 2008

Hello:

I've got the Windows Sync service set up to sync with an AD server.  For
some unknown reason, several of the groups on the AD server have an
email address and the mail:, the mailNickname: and several
exchange-related attributes set.

How would I go about modifying the schema that the Windows Sync service
is using to create the groups on the DS side of things?  I believe
adding the mailrecipient object class should do the trick, but I can't
find any documentation on doing this.

Alternately, if there's a way of just dropping incompatible attributes
when syncing, that would work too.  The error I currently get when
syncing:

Entry "cn=Support,ou=Groups, dc=example, dc=com" -- attribute "mail" not
allowed
NSMMReplicationPlugin - add operation of entry cn=Support,ou=Groups,
dc=example, dc=com returned: 65

Any suggestions would be helpful!

- Jonas