[Fedora-directory-users] Migrating Netscape DS to FDS

Dave dave at posthost.com
Mon Oct 6 22:44:14 UTC 2008

OK exporting/importing the LDIF worked, but I had to do some sleuth work
to determine the custom objects and attributes in the slapd.user_oc.conf
slapd.user_at.conf respectively, then manually create these in the new
server using the same object and attribute types.    I suppose this is
what the migration scripts would have done in version 6.0... not sure
why they couldn't do the same work in version 8.0.    They build this
software to last decades, but we're supposed to discard it after a few
years when the support discontinues?   good grief.

Thanks again to all who chimed in.   cheers -Dave