[Fedora-directory-users] Recovering Directory Server Admin Password

Diaa Radwan diaa.radwan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 08:36:50 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:10 AM, Eric Beda <ebeda at udsm.ac.tz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've lost my directory server admin password, how do i recover it ?, so
> that i can manage the DS via GUI interface on the machine

If you mean the directory manager password check this link :

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:ResetDirMgrPassword

If you remember the password of your directory manager password you
can log with directory manager through the console and change the
admin user under o=netscaperoot or you can perform the following :

$  slappasswd -v -c '$1$%.8s' -h {CRYPT}
run the above  command and supply your new password, then copy the output

Then issue ldapmodify command:

$ ldapmodify -x -h localhost   -D"cn=Directory Manager" -W
dn : uid=admin,ou=administrators,ou=topologymanagement,o=netscaperoot
changetype: modify
replace: userPassword
userPassword: 'paste clipboard'

> Help Please