[Fedora-directory-users] Confusion over what can/can't be synced with Windows Sync

Jonas Courteau jonas.courteau at bravenet.com
Mon Oct 20 22:31:01 UTC 2008

Hello all:

I've been fiddling around off and on getting a fedora DS box sync'd with
our AD server.  The problem is, the way the users are arranged on the AD
server, I'm not sure how to sync everything at once.

The layout (appropriately anonymized) on the AD server:
- dc=example,dc=com
|- ou=Groups
|  |- a bunch of groups

|- ou=Unit1
|  |- a bunch of users belonging to one business unit

|- ou=Unit2
|  |- more users, different business unit

|- ou=Users
   |- system users

On the DS side of things, I've manually created the appropriate OUs, but
the question is - how do I configure the sync agreement to sync all the
OUs at once? It only seems to work if I configure the sync agreement to
a subtree including only one of the OUs.

I'm trying to do this without having to convince the AD administrator to
change his odd layout of users - any ideas?

Thanks!

Jonas Courteau