[Fedora-directory-users] Re: SYNC without password ...

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Oct 21 19:17:15 UTC 2008

Vipul Ramani wrote:
> Rich ,
>
> do you think this is problem due to password policy ??
All of the problems I have seen so far are SSL related.  So, no.
> - but if we disable password policy on FDS  . It must copied data
> right ???
Right.  If Fedora DS accepts the password change, it will attempt to
replay it to AD, and vice versa.
> or it will failed .. ?? what do you say ...
>
> Yes - we are getting error relatd to CA related ....  [ it does not
> say anything about password policy related .... ]
>

> Can we do  initial winsync replication  without same password policy @
> ADC and  @ FDS ?? - i guess it should - reason it is simple replication.
>
> what is your view ???
Yes.  You can sync everything except passwords.

> As per document if password policy does not same @ FDS AND @ ADC ,
> then if any password changed on ADC it wont replicated to FDS right .... ?
Right.  You could have a case where the password policy on FDS is more
restrictive than on AD, or vice versa.