[Fedora-directory-users] Problem with Password Policy : dirsrv service restart required !

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Oct 27 15:46:29 UTC 2008

Hugo Etievant wrote:
> hello,
>
> If i use  ldapmodify command, some change of password policy's "User
> may change password" attribute is used immedialety without ldap deamon
> restart,
> but if y use ldappassword, i have to restart ldap deamon !!!
>
> why this difference ?
Let me see if I understand.  After changing the password policy to "User
may change password":
If you use ldapmodify to change the userPassword attribute, the policy
is in effect immediately without a server restart
If you use ldappasswd to change the user's password, the policy is not
in effect until after a server restart

Is this correct?  If so, sounds like a bug - in either case, the change
should take effect immediately.