[Fedora-directory-users] Sudo and Ldap

Kashif Ali snake007uk at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:39:04 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have successfully setup FDS on Centos 5.2, and manage to get users signing
on without any issues. However if I edit the sudoers file to allow a group
on ldap use sudo, the sudo command does not see the members of the group or
I think the group itself?

I have no idea why this is:

if I run the command 'id' as the given user you can clear see the group
memberships, however if I do: getent group linuxops I see:

linuxops:*:6000:

with no members??? however SSHD AllowGroups works? I have configured sshd to
only allow members of the linxops group to login and this works fine? so my
question is why is sudo behaving differently?