[Fedora-directory-users] fds 1.1+ not setting nsslapd-instancedir on install?

Ryan Braun [ADS] ryan.braun at ec.gc.ca
Wed Sep 10 17:18:10 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 16:57, Rich Megginson wrote:
> > shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
> > Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep instancedir
> > Enter LDAP Password:
> > nsslapd-instancedir:
> > shodan:/home/ryan/fdstools# ldapsearch -x -h yzxXXXX0 -D "cn=Directory
> > Manager" -W -b "cn=config" "objectclass=*"|grep nsslapd-ldifdir
> > Enter LDAP Password:
> > nsslapd-ldifdir: /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-yzxdmns0/ldif
> >

> > For now I'm useing nsslapd-ldifdir and just ~ s/\/ldif// to cut off the
> > ldir directory,  but am just confirming this behavior is intended.  FWIW
> > I built the packages myself,  so it could very well be my own fault :P
>
> Well, it depends - what were you using nsslapd-instancedir for?  There
> are several other attributes you could use now, depending on what you're
> trying to do.

I was using nsslapd-instancedir to as the ref point on where to put the
changelog db files.  Which by default in the console (1.1+)
is /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/changelog.

But I couldn't find any attributes that would just point
to /var/lib/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/.  Which was what I assumed
nsslapd-instancedir was for.

I guess when I was working on the script for 1.0.4 it just happened to be set
to the correct location so I used that value.

Ryan