[Fedora-directory-users] CA certificate trouble

Ryan Braun [ADS] ryan.braun at ec.gc.ca
Fri Sep 12 14:03:53 UTC 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008 08:44, steve nguyen wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> If you remember me I've got some problem with SSL in my sync agreement :
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2008-September/msg00
>000.html
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-users/2008-September/msg00
>024.html
>
> I think I have found what's wrong in my SSL set up.
> I tried this command to verify if ssl is enabled in FDS : ldapsearch -x -ZZ
> '(uid=testuser)' I check the access log, and I've got this message :
> EXT oid="1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.20037" name="startTLS"
> RESULT err=0 tag=120 nentries=0 etime=0DISCONNECT fd=67 closed - Peer does
> not recognize and trust the CA that issued your certific...
>
> As I said before I set up SSL using the second script from the FDS wiki
> page. So my question is what can I do now :
> - Can I fix this ?
> - Should I do a full set up of SSL ?
>
> Thanks

I've been working on an all-in-one ssl management perl script for fds.  It's
been working over here but I'm sure there are some quirks in it.

Make sure you edit /etc/fdstools/ssl.conf to point to your correct SEC_DIR and
INSTANCE values.  Then just move out your old $SEC_DIR/cert8.db key3.db and
secmod.db files to some backup directory and run fdssl.pl -h or -e for
examples on how to use it.

Let me know how it works for you.

Ryan