[Fedora-directory-users] Upgrade MMR from 1.0.4 to 1.1.0

Reinhard Nappert rnappert at juniper.net
Wed Sep 17 16:09:56 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have an MMR setup, working fine with 1.0.4. When I upgrade (migrate)
both servers to 1.1.0, the replica entry and the agreement object within
dse.ldif still look fine, but I get the following messages in errors:
[17/Sep/2008:11:45:11 -0400] NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=srv12srv2"
(srv2:389): Incremental update failed and requires administrator action
[17/Sep/2008:11:46:05 -0400] NSMMReplicationPlugin - conn=96 op=3
replica="o=UMC
": Unable to acquire replica: error: duplicate replica ID detected
On both servers.
Again, the ReplicaId are different on both boxes:
nsDS5ReplicaId: 1

nsDS5ReplicaId: 2

To make matters worse, just disabling replication on both boxes and
enabling it afterwards does not fix the issue.

It looks like that only exporting the db, getting rid of the directory
instances on both boxes, setup the instance from scratch and importing
the data and setting up replication agreement makes it work again.

Did anybody encounter this issue? If so, is there a possibility to fix
it without reloading the data from scratch.

Thanks,
-Reinhard