[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD and FDS.

Michael Fernández M michael at michael.cl
Mon Sep 29 17:52:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 14:13 -0600, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Michael Fernández M wrote:
> > Hi...
> >
> > I have working this in one way... i mean...
> >
> > If i change a password for an account on ADS this is change on FDS...
> > (good)
> >
> > But it is possible to do it in the other way?, i mean change the
> > password on FDS and then this is change on ADS?
> >
> > Where I have to set the FDS to connect with the ADS in order to change
> > the passwords?
> >
> It should just work.  What problems do you see?  Any messages in the
> error log?
> One thing is that AD requires password changes to be sent over a secure
> channel, which means you'll need to use TLS/SSL.

Hi.. (thanks for reply...)

when i run a :

/usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -Z -p 636
-P /etc/dirsrv/slapd-justo/cert8.db -h ads_ip -D
"cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=ads,dc=cl" -w lol -s base -b
"ou=users,dc=ads,dc=cl" "objectclass=*" it connect to the ADS by ssl
(636)

but when i change a pass from FDS, FDS do not change anything on ADS,
tshark does not show packets....

that's why i ask where i have to configure FDS to connect with the ADS
service....

However in the other way ADS to FDS works without problems....

Thanks!!!

Michael.-