[Fedora-directory-users] Sync AD and FDS.

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Sep 29 20:01:23 UTC 2008

Michael Fernández M wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-29 at 13:52 -0400, Michael Fernández M wrote:

>>> It should just work.  What problems do you see?  Any messages in the
>>> error log?
>>> One thing is that AD requires password changes to be sent over a secure
>>> channel, which means you'll need to use TLS/SSL.
>>>
>> Hi.. (thanks for reply...)
>>
>> when i run a :
>>
>> /usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -Z -p 636
>> -P /etc/dirsrv/slapd-justo/cert8.db -h ads_ip -D
>> "cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=ads,dc=cl" -w lol -s base -b
>> "ou=users,dc=ads,dc=cl" "objectclass=*" it connect to the ADS by ssl
>> (636)
>>
>> but when i change a pass from FDS, FDS do not change anything on ADS,
>> tshark does not show packets....
>>
>> that's why i ask where i have to configure FDS to connect with the ADS
>> service....
>>
>> However in the other way ADS to FDS works without problems....
>>

> I think i solved this....
>
> I set replica on FDS, but when i change a password (on FDS) for a user
> that exist on FDS and ADS on the logs i see:
>
>  NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=windows" (procurador:636):
> windows_replay_update: failed map dn for modify operation
> dn="uid=lolo,ou=people,dc=ads,dc=cl"
>
> Any ideas?

Not sure.  If you have a user that exists in both FDS and ADS, did they
already exist that way before you did the initial sync?  If so, the
existing user in FDS must have the ntUser objectclass, and must have the
attribute ntUserDomainID set to the Windows userid (e.g. the
samAccountName).  Then try changing something like the description for
the user in FDS or ADS to see if it gets synced across.  Note that you
may have to wait up to 5 minutes for changes to go from ADS to FDS (FDS
to ADS changes should happen almost immediately).

See *http://tinyurl.com/4n3yzo for more information
*