[Fedora-directory-users] PAM pass through auth plugin

neuron ring neuronring at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:51:40 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am trying to do PAM Pass through authentication using the “cn=PAM
Pass Through Auth,cn=plugins,cn=config”  plugin.

I followed the steps mentioned in the following URL.

http://www.directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:PAM_Pass_Through

I cannot follow steps 2 and 3 mentioned in “Testing” topic in my os.
Mine in hp-ux. It is shown clearly that the /etc/pam.d exists in linux
machines. Is there any alternate way I can follow to use Pam
passthrough authentication plugin in my operating system.

ldapsearch -x -D "uid=scarter,ou=people,dc=example,dc=com" -w
thepassword -s base -b ""

Where I have to add the user scarter.  useradd scarter in step 4
likely to say adding user in unix account and not in ldapserver
instance.

Correct me where I am wrong.  Can anyone tell me the steps in precise.

I am able to bind as a normal user even when the PAM Pass Through Auth
plugin is “Off” (without aci also).
No changes in pam.conf file is made.

Thanks,
Neuron Ring.