[389-users] Command line to request certificate

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Thu Aug 13 15:51:05 UTC 2009

Rich,

I went forward with manual SSL install. I still see the console showing
ldap.foo.com:389 on the top tree level. The ³User DS² field in Admin server
points to ldap.foo.com:636. I have set all the encryption via console. Am I
missing something? When I issue ldapsearch ­p 389, it returns
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Unknown authentication method (-6) additional
info: SASL(-4): no mechanism available:

When I issue, ldapsearch ­p 636 is asks for pass but hangs thereafter. I
have imported 500 entries.  Also my indexes don¹t seem to work, when
searched on console. I used proper ldapsearch with all possible switches -x
, -Z, -ZZ. After I enabled indexing on the directory level and ou levels,
when I click on search with nothing on search bar, it retuns the ou levels
and not users. So I manually indexed individual users, they don;t show up
anyway.

Thanks,