[389-users] Post upgrade to 389-ds* from fedora-ds*

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sun Aug 16 01:54:12 UTC 2009

The upgrade has beem quite rough as seen by my previous email today.  I am now
able to use the 389-console to access my upgraded 389ds server and admin
server.

Most of the issues seem to relate to the fact that I had SSL enabled on my
admin server which is a problem if you attempt to upgrade via the instructions
here:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/install/upgrade.html

the setup-ds-admin.pl -u command wants you to enter a new CA cert, even though
I already had one in there.

Also, once I finally got around that, I now am not able to use the "Manage
Certificates" task/utility as it appears that I don't have the netscape
pkcs#11 internal security module installed, though I can access the server
just fine with TLS/SSL.

I also cannot configure the admin server via the console with a message:

"no protocol: asmin-serv/tasks/Configuration/ServerSetup"

See the attached screenshots.

Any help is appreciated.  I had done a lot of reading about updating before I
did this and it turned out to be a disaster anyway.

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E