[389-users] OK, so how do I use this thing?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:43:45 UTC 2009

I've got a sandbox set up and finally have the centos-ds server
installed and I seem to be able to add users at least.  I've been
looking at these docs :

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/

The install guide got me that far.   Then my next logical step was
"OK, how do I use this now to authenticate LInux users?"

So I just went through the Admin Guide - but nada.   Nothing.  Negatory.

Looking at the table of contents for the deployment guide, it does not
look to be of any help either.

So what do I have to read to learn how to set up my Linux boxes to
authenticate from here?
Do they need local accounts too?
Local disks?
What about website?  Wikis?  All currently using htpasswd.   How do I
convert those?

thanks,
-Alan