[389-users] About the 389 ds install error on CentOS i686

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Dec 2 03:31:49 UTC 2009

Majian wrote:
> I run the CentOS 5.3 i686 on my VirtulBox and the Host machine is
> CentOS 5.3 x86_64,
> The same problem is happened on the two platform .
>
> BTM ,
> I search the website and find this :
> http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5150322

Ok. The problem is that perldap was compiled with perl 5.8 or perl 5.10,
and now the system is using perl 5.11, and the location of the perldap
files (e.g. /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8) is no longer in the default
perl search path. perldap needs to be rebuilt - please file a bug at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=389

Weird, though, is that the Red Hat build of perl by default will look
for the older versions:
-R Disables the Red Hat module compatibility arch search path exten-
sion.

With -V:inc_version_list set, perl searches for previous versions’
instances of -V:sitelib and -V:vendorlib. Each of the directories
found is added to the default search patch @INC.

The Red Hat port of perl additionaly searches for previous ver-
sions’ instances of -V:sitearch and -V:vendorarch, to provide com-
patibility for binary modules installed under previous perl ver-
sions. To disable this Red Hat-specific extension, use -R.

what does rpm -ql perl-Mozilla-LDAP say?

In the meantime, you might try setting PERL5LIB - see "man perlrun" -
look for PERL5LIB