[389-users] allowing only certain users to log into Linux boxen

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:20:56 UTC 2009

Hey folks,

I finally have this thing running - and I love it so far!  I have
basic Linux login working, as well as Apache auth.  Those are my 2
primary concerns so I think I'm ready to start to roll this bad boy
out.

And one password to unite them all!!!  Bwa, ha, ha, ha!

Anyway, I digress :-)

I checked in here

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation#Howtos

and do not see a recipe for what I want to do.  However, when I read
through the Red Hat guides it looks to me like this is possible.  I'm
just not sure how to do it.

I want to have a Group A and Server X, and a rule that says "Only
people from Group A can log into Server X".

And of course the intent is that who is in Group A could change on a
day to day basis (I'm thinking - access to our production environment)

Where can I find a recipe for that?

thanks!
-Alan