[389-users] Re: setting up multi master replication

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 16:43:40 UTC 2009

Alan McKay wrote:
>> When you say "failed with error 3" you should be more specific - what
>> failed?  What is the context?  Is there any additional information in the
>> error message?
>>

> Yeah, sorry, I wasn't more specific because I wasn't really asking for
> help - just giving an update :-)
Sure.  Folks doing a web search for information about similar problems
will hit this archived email and will wonder if it is the same problem
they are seeing.
> As mentioned, I'm going to blow it
> away and go at it again but this time using 100% of the fedora wiki
> doc (but without SSL).
>
> It was when I finished making the replication agreements on both ends
> - as the doc suggested, choose "do not replicate now" and then after
> that is done, I went to my 1st server and right-clicked on the
> replication agreement and told it to "initialize consumer"
>
> But since I've typed all this now, I might as well give you the whole thing :-)
>
> http://picasaweb.google.ca/alan.mckay/Work#5411412134006249250

That usually means you haven't specified the supplier DN in the consumer
replica, or you have specified a different supplier DN on the supplier
side than the supplier DN you specified on the consumer side.