[389-users] Is there a way to order search results

Sean Brady sbrady at gtfservices.com
Tue Dec 22 23:36:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

Is there a way to have search results returned to the client in a particular order?  The application that I am using to query 389 ds is Asterisk, and it has some limitations in the way that it handles the search results that are returned from the server.  It seems that the order of search results changes depending on the attributes present on the object.  I know that there is no way that it is 100% consistent, however the attribute order returned by searches seems to vary quite a bit.

Thanks for your help.

SB