[389-users] /etc/sudoers VS sudo-objects in directory server

Kenneth Holter kenneho.ndu at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 12:12:41 UTC 2009

Hi.

We're working on setting up Red Hat Directory Server (RHDS), and need to
make a decision about wether sudo information should be defined as
sudo-objects in the directory server, or if we should stick to /etc/sudoers.
I've played around with sudo-objects in the directory server, and got it
working. But the way I see it, maintaining sudo information in /etc/sudoers
is much easier than to maintain it in a directory server. In the latter
case, I'd either have to use the GUI, or write scripts/ldif files to make
necessary changes to the sudo setup, and they both seem less intuitive than
to simply edit the /etc/sudoers file.

I'd very much like to hear from others on their thoughts on wether to
maintain sudo information in /etc/sudoers or in the directory server, so
please feel free to post a reply.

Best regards,
Kenneth Holter