[Fedora-directory-users] Directory Server Problems

Adam Staebler admin at fmafinancial.com
Mon Feb 9 12:55:53 UTC 2009

Finally got directory server to install by setting permissions on /var/
run/dirsrv to the fedora-ds user I created. Now my problem is when I
run setup-ds-admin.pl it stops with:
[Setup] Fatal Error: failed to open an LDAP connection to host
'fds.local' port '389' as user 'cn=Directory Manager'. Error: unknown.
[Setup] Fatal Failed to create the configuration directory server
[Setup] Fatal Exiting . . .

I have been trying to get this dir server running for a week without
any luck. I am setting up the box for my office to use instead of
windows 2008 with Active Directory as I don't like m$ very much.

Thanks!