[Fedora-directory-users] Multiple sync agreement between FDS env and Active Directory is possible ?

Hugo Etievant hugo.etievant at inrp.fr
Wed Feb 11 12:31:38 UTC 2009

hello,

In my architecture, i have 2 fedora directory server configured as
multimaster for configuration and user data.
One of my directory servers is synchronized to an Active Directory.
When an accounting manager change an user's password on the dirsrv sync
to AD, password is synchronized.
But when user's password is changed on other dirsrv, AD do not receive
the new password.

My objective is the following : synchronize user's password from all my
dirsrv to the AD.
But, Manual says that : "WARNING : There can only be a single sync
agreement between the Directory Server environment and the Active
Directory environment. Multiple sync agreements to the same Active
Directory domain can create entry conflicts. "
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/8.0/Windows_Sync.html

How to synchronize password from ALL my dirsrv to AD and obtain failover
for the passsync ?

regards,

--
* Hugo Étiévant *