[Fedora-directory-users] LDAP performances = databases

Emmanuel BILLOT emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
Tue Feb 17 10:57:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

Since i'm triying to tune our FDS db, i wander if there is a maximum
number of entries per db.
We've got 20.000 entries stored in 1 db and indexes seems to be well
configured, however a quite hard request (ldapsearch -x -h host-b
"dc=foo,dc=com" "(|(|(givenname=*doe*)(sn=*doe*)(uid=*doe*)))"
has a quite slow result.

We use only one db in aim at keeping a simple replication schema.

Is there any limitation for databse entries ?
Can we tune indexes for better results ?

BR,

Emmanuel BILLOT
IRD - Orléans
Délégation aux Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
tél : 02 38 49 95 88