[Fedora-directory-users] Password policy don't work on a subtree

Hugo Etievant hugo.etievant at inrp.fr
Thu Feb 26 14:51:09 UTC 2009

hello,

I use only GUI for configuration. I do not use perl script.

I have checked the "Enable fine-grained password policy" on global
Password Policy.
And i have configured a local Password policy on a subtree.
But this second policy do not work as it should : the minimum lenght of
password is ignored.

"nsslapd-pwpolicy-local: on" appears my dse.ldif file

a ldap search show password policy but some attribut of my policy dos
not appears !

exemple :
dn: cn="cn=nsPwPolicyEntry,ou=tests,dc=inrp,
dc=fr",cn=nsPwPolicyContainer,ou=
 tests,dc=inrp,dc=fr
passwordMinDigits: 1
passwordMinAlphas: 1
passwordStorageScheme: ssha
passwordGraceLimit: 0
passwordCheckSyntax: on
passwordMinTokenLength: 2
passwordInHistory: 10
passwordChange: on
passwordWarning: 0
passwordMinAge: 0
passwordHistory: on
passwordExp: on
passwordMustChange: off
passwordMaxAge: 63072000
objectClass: ldapsubentry
objectClass: passwordpolicy

here, the "passwordMinLen" attribute does not appear, but i have enter
this with GUI tool (value = "8" chars) !!!!

this is a bug ?

i apply the same policy for global and for local subtree but i have
differents LDAP entries  !

global policy attributes :

nsslapd-security: on
nsslapd-pwpolicy-local: on
passwordMinLength: 8
passwordMinCategories: 3
passwordMinTokenLength: 2
passwordCheckSyntax: on
passwordMinAlphas: 1
passwordMinDigits: 1
passwordMaxAge: 63072000
passwordExp: on
passwordHistory: on
passwordWarning: 0
passwordInHistory: 10

local policy attributes :

passwordMinDigits: 1
passwordMinAlphas: 1
passwordStorageScheme: ssha
passwordGraceLimit: 0
passwordCheckSyntax: on
passwordMinTokenLength: 2
passwordInHistory: 10
passwordChange: on
passwordWarning: 0
passwordMinAge: 0
passwordHistory: on
passwordExp: on
passwordMustChange: off
passwordMaxAge: 63072000

here : passwordMinLen is losed !!!!!

=> how can i apply this rule about min length of password ?????

regards

--
* Hugo Étiévant *
*Bibliothèque Denis Diderot