[Fedora-directory-users] OpenLDAP->FDS Migration

Diaa Radwan diaaradwan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 11:42:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 11:16 PM, Thorsten Scherf <tscherf at redhat.com> wrote:
> Wondering if somebody recently did a migration from OpenLDAP to FDS and
> is willing to share experiences.

I have migrated from openldap to fds, I have passed all the following
steps :

- Fix the my ldif data since there was hundreds of records have no
missing object class, as there was no enforcing schema checking set on ol
- Migrate our custom schema.
- Migrate the acls to aci (this was tough)
- build the chaining + replication on fds, migrate the data and all was
done.

FDS/RHDS rocks, check this
http://fossology.net/migration_openldap_redhat_fedora_directory_service