[Fedora-directory-users] High CPU load on FDS

Emmanuel BILLOT emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
Wed Jan 21 09:31:36 UTC 2009

Hi,

Does anyones know how can we explain a 90% CPU utilization on FDS ?
Many forum on the web speak about index problem or memory variables
misconfiguration (|nsslapd-idlistscanlimit and co).|
|Howerver, i do not found any good web ites which explains howto |
|- monitor indexes utilization|
|- build/rebuilt indexes (if this is the problem)|
|- configure properly FDS for having good performance|
|Our directory tree contains 15000 entries.|
|Does anyone know what can we do ? Best pratices ?|
|How to know if there is a problem on our config ?|
|Regards,|

Emmanuel BILLOT
IRD - Orléans
Délégation aux Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
tél : 02 38 49 95 88