[389-users] Adding custom attribute to class

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Jul 16 15:15:13 UTC 2009

Leonid Bogdanov wrote:
> Hello!
>
> How can I add custom attribute to 'inetorgperson' class? Preferably without inheritance.
You should never add custom attributes to standard objectclasses such as
inetOrgPerson.  You should always extend the schema through inheritance
(or create a new operational attribute if you must).
> The problem is that I want to have boolean attribute which I can check in my program and tell user that he must change password after admin reset. Something like 'pwdReset' attribute in OpenLDAP.

If you configure the password policy so that the user must change the
password after a reset
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/User_Account_Management.html#User_Account_Management-Managing_the_Password_Policy

Will that do what you want?  You can also check the operational
attribute passwordExpirationTime