[389-users] Synching different passwords

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Tue Jun 2 19:54:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

> Hello, all.  It think I already know the negative answer to this
> question but is there a way to synchronize different password fields in
> 389?

FreeIPA has a plugin to keep userPassword in sync with the Samba
password hashes and the Kerberos password, but as far as I know,
there's no generalized solution to this problem.  I'd love for there
to be one -- a configurable plugin or something like that -- but C
isn't my forte.  I think a lot of us are mucking with the same issue,
just with slightly different parameters.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University