[389-users] Problems with replication over SSL

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Wed Jun 17 22:05:02 UTC 2009

Hi, Dan.  You might want to remove whatever CA certs you've got in the
database and then re-add just in case.  I don't recall the command to do
that.  Here is all we did to import our CA cert:
certutil -A -d . -n "CA certificate" -t "CT,," -a -i CA.pem

Are you certain you have the correct CA cert and that it is valid (not
expired, etc.)?

You can try doing:
openssl x509 -in clientcertname.pem -noout -issuer

and compare that to
openssl x509 -in CA.pem -noout -subject

This would also reveal if your copy of the CA cert is malformed for some
reason.

I'm pulling the syntax off the top of my head so it might be in error.
I might also suggest editing this thread and bottom posting rather than
top posting; it would make it a little easier to follow.  Hope this
helps - John