[389-users] Single master, multiple slave with no configuration server

Vince Tingey vtingey at msl.ubc.ca
Thu Jun 25 17:55:31 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there are any problems I should be aware of if I want
to setup a single master multiple slave scenario WITHOUT using the
master as a configuration server.  I'm ok having to connect to the slave
admin servers individually instead of them all showing up in the console
when I connect to the master admin server.  Are there any other drawbacks?

What are the benefits of using a configuration server in this scenario?

Thank you,

--

Vince                   |  Michael Smith Laboratories
IT Systems Coordinator  |  University of British Columbia