[Fedora-directory-users] SSL replication

Emmanuel BILLOT emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
Wed Mar 11 10:44:09 UTC 2009

Hi,

During our many tests, we've seen a particular behaviour in certs
checking, so wewander if it is not as misconfiguration of our server :

We have installed 2 FDS and replication agrements between it. Those
replication agrement are configurated with the "SSL connection" option
enable, "simple authentification" and a replication manager.
A certificate have been generated for each server, using is FQDN.
Replication is ok.
However, we 've made a mistake in a tests, and one cert was generated
with DNS hostname different from the server it was destinated for and
replication is still working...

How is it possible ? Is there any hostname controle in the SSL connection ?

Ex: toutou.gaia.net (with cert signed toutou.gaia.intranet.net) is
replicating with gri.gaia.net (with cert signed gri.gaia.net)

BR,

Emmanuel BILLOT
IRD - Orléans
Délégation aux Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
tél : 02 38 49 95 88