[Fedora-directory-users] RE: Solaris 10 central auth through FDS

Aaron Mills aaron.mills at returnpath.net
Wed Mar 18 20:02:42 UTC 2009

Thanks for the help ­ I¹m following this doc a little more closely, but I¹m
stuck at the part where it says to add the nisDomain attribute type to the
root node:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SolarisClient#Solaris_10_LDAP_
Client

When I attempt to add the following:

dn: dc=foobar,dc=com
changetype: modify
add: nisdomain
nisdomain: foobar.com

I get the error: ³additional info: attribute "nisDomain" not allowed²

I¹ve double checked the object type of my domain and it¹s set to domain and
top. Is there another value I need to modify? The solaris client keeps
failing with this:

NOTFOUND:Could not find the nisDomainObject for DN dc=foobar, dc=com

    -Aaron

--
Aaron Mills
Systems Administrator