[Fedora-directory-users] Certificate to LDAP mapping problem

neuron ring neuronring at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 12:51:18 UTC 2009

Hi lambam,

I am trying to do LDAP client certificate mapping. I had given an insight of
my configuration.

My certmap.conf file:

certmap example ou=employees,o=us.com -------------„³ this is the DN of the
CA issuer,
example:verifycert on
example:DNComps cn,email,roomNumber
example:FilterComps l,email,uid,telephoneNumber
example:CmapLdapAttr certSubjectDN

Generation of CA cert:

certutil -S -n "CertCA" -s "ou= employees,o= us.com" -x -t "CT,," -m 1000 -v
120 -d <path/to/instance cert db>
-z noise.txt ¡Vf pwdfile.txt

Is this correct.

I assume ou=employees,o=us.com is my CA cert issuer. So I am using it as
issuerDN value in certmap.conf.

creating client certificate.

  certutil -S -n "certuser" -s "cn=certuser, ou=employees,o=us.com " -c "
CertCA " -t "u,u,u" -m 1003 -v 120 -d <path/to/instance cert db> -z
noise.txt ¡Vf pwdfile.txt

and adding userCertificate;binary attribute to that user entry, after
creating binary certificate.

certutil -L -d <instance-path> -n "certuser" -r >usercert.bin

When I try to ldapsearch:

ldapsearch -h myhost -p 636 -Z -P /etc/opt/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/cert8.db
-N " certuser " -K /etc/opt/dirsrv/slapd-<instance>/key3.db -W "password" -b
"o=us.com" cn=certuser

ldap_sasl_bind: Invalid credentials
ldap_sasl_bind: additional info: client certificate mapping failed

But when I change the issuerDN in certmap.conf file to whatever dn (even if
it is non-existing and invalid) I am getting the search
Result properly. But the criteria is the issuerDN in certmap.conf should be
exactly the same DN whose issues the CA certificate.

The problem is whenever I use correct issuerDN in first line of certmap.conf
file I am getting error.

I am totally confused. Can somebody help me to get rid of this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Neuron Ring.

Hello Neron Ring.

Certificate to LDAP Mapping:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/pdf/console60.pdf

Page 198 ish.

API:
----

>From page 201 of the above guide:

< You can use the Certificate Mapping API to create your own properties. For

< information on using the Certificate Mapping API, see ¡§Certificate Mapping
SDKs¡¨

< at the following URL - which is followed by a defunct link.

Try here, rather:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/cert-system/sdk/7.1/

I hope this helps, laters. I'll keep an eye out for further questions
along this line.