[Fedora-directory-users] DNA MultiMaster

Edward Konetzko konetzed at quixoticagony.com
Wed May 6 19:28:37 UTC 2009

Sorry if this already posted, I seem to be having trouble with email today.

I have read the following pages and cannot exactly figure out how to do
what I want.

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DNA_Plugin
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/8.1/admin/dna.html

I have 2 companies I want to set ranges for company 1gets range
uidNumber and gidNumber 1Million - (2Million -1) and Company 2 gets
Range uidNumber and gidNumber 2 Million - (3Million -1).  DIT layout is
{ou=people,ou=groups,ou=ranges}, ou= Company{1,2}, dc=example, dc=com.

I Setup company 1 on master1 with the following ldifs.

dn: ou=Ranges,ou=Company1 dc=example, dc=com
objectclass: top
objectclass: extensibleObject
objectclass: organizationalUnit
ou: Ranges

dn: cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-pluginEnabled
nsslapd-pluginEnabled: on

dn: cn=Company1 Account UIDs,cn=Distributed Numeric Assignment
Plugin,cn=plugins,cn=config
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
cn: Company1 Account UIDs
dnatype: uidNumber
dnafilter: (objectclass=posixAccount)
dnascope: ou=Company1 , dc=example,dc=com
dnanextvalue: 1000000
dnaMaxValue: 1000500
dnasharedcfgdn: cn=Company1 Account UIDs,ou=Ranges,dc=example,dc=com
dnathreshold: 100
dnaRangeRequestTimeout: 60
dnaMagicRegen: magic
dnaNextRange: 1000501 - 1999999

I then repeat this on master2 but then when I add users to both servers
Master1 hands out uidNumber = 1 and Master2 hands out uidNumber = 1 for
their first adds and keep adding numbers incrementing by one thus
overlapping numbers.  For gidNumber I basically use the same Ldifs
except I substitue Group UID for Account UID and gidNumber for uidNumber.

User add ldif looks as the following
dn: uid=test,ou=people,ou=Region1, dc=example,dc=com
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: shadowAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
cn: test
gecos: test
gidNumber: magic
givenName: test
homeDirectory: /home/test
loginShell: /bin/bash
mail: test at example.com
o: test
shadowLastChange: 14098
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
sn: test
uid: test
uidNumber: magic
userPassword:: <password>

Question is what I am doing wrong?
Server is Redhat DS 8.1 on rhel 5 64bit.

Thanks
Edward