[389-users] what are components of FDS?

Kỳ Anh, Huỳnh xkyanh at gmail.com
Thu May 14 09:11:03 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I am going to install FDS on a FreeBSD jail. This means that FDS will use FC8 compatibility mode which provided by FreeBSD 7.2. I downloaded the binary version of FDS 1.04 (fedora-ds-1.0.4-1.FC6.i386.opt.rpm) and my initial installation worked perfectly. This is only a *test* and now I'd like to install the latest version of FDS. I searched at

   http://directory.fedoraproject.org/yum/dirsrv/fedora/

but there were so many packages that made me confused. I'd like to know:

(1) what are components of FDS 1.2.0 and what files should I download to get FDS worked in FC8? (If FDS binaries work on FC8 they should work on a FreeBSD jail ;)

(2) is it necessary to start the web interface of FDS? I just like to setup a LDAP database and then run all from command lines without touching the web browsers (yes I hate GUI). If this is the case I will run only FDS service and have nothing to do with Apache/Java requirements of FDS. In fact I don't want to install any web servers on my FDS server.

Your helps are highly appreciated. And if you have ever experienced FDS on FreeBSD please give me some advices!

Regards,

--
Ky Anh, Huynh
Homepage: http://viettug.org/