[389-users] cert and key database failure

Emmanuel BILLOT emmanuel.billot at ird.fr
Sun May 17 19:34:02 UTC 2009

Rich Megginson a écrit :
> Emmanuel BILLOT wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The cert.db and key.db file seems to be corrupted.
>> In GUI, we can see 3 certificates, one is cloned, one is valid. The
>> "detail" option does not work on the cloned one, whith a failure
>> message.
>>
>> We tried to manipulate db with certutil :
>>
>> certutil -L -d  ......
>> Certificate Name                                             Trust
>> Attributes
>>
>> server-cert                                                  u,,
>> IRDNEW                                                       u,pu,u
>> IRDNEW                                                       u,pu,u
>> IRD - IRD                                                    CT,,
>>
>> p    Valid peer
>> P    Trusted peer (implies p)
>> c    Valid CA
>> T    Trusted CA to issue client certs (implies c)
>> C    Trusted CA to certs(only server certs for ssl) (implies c)
>> u    User cert
>> w    Send warning
>>

>> We tried to delete the cloned one but, here is an new error message :
>>
>> certutil: could not find certificate named "IRDNEW": security
>> library: bad database.
>>
>> What is the pb ?
> Can you post the exact certutil command line you're using?

certutil -L -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-xxx -P slapd-xxx- for certs database
listing (give a "ggod" result)
certutil -D -d /etc/dirsrv/slapd-xxx -P slapd-xxx- "IRDNEW" for deleting
a cert instance

cert are p12 file generated with openssl.

The only way we found was deleting/recreating the database with cert
sources.

BR,
>> BR,

Emmanuel BILLOT
IRD - Orléans
Délégation aux Systèmes d'Information (DSI)
tél : 02 38 49 95 88