[389-users] IP change for FDS install as localhost.localdomain for a generic installation ?

David (Dave) Donnan david.donnan at thalesgroup.com
Wed May 20 08:21:02 UTC 2009

You may want to consider it for the future:

< I happened to have created one on a fc8 myself for the purpose of
traveling.
<
< I have in my /etc/hosts file: 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain
localhost localhost
< and in /etc/nsswitch.conf:hosts: files dns
< I do the following before each installation (rpm install or pkicreate)
< root:domainname localdomain
< root: hostname localhost

=> You can then change the hostname, after the fact, and the console can
still find instances, etc where
the hostname may be hardcoded in the LDAP tree.

General comments ? Do you all approve ?

Cdlt,