[389-users] posixGroup

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu May 21 14:30:48 UTC 2009

Dmitry Amirov wrote:
> Hello Michael.
> Yes, i know. I am using openldap already 4 years. And i want centralized
> system. I thought that 389 DS this system with full featured GUI.
>
> I wish to comfortably add groups, users, to operate mail records
> (qmailUser). Or i need to use other clients with 389 DS such as gq?

The problem is that the 389 console User&Group editor is not easily
extensible - that is, it will not automatically discover object classes
for entries and display some sort of automatic UI for them, nor will it
easily allow you to add custom screens/tabs based on objectclass.  If
you are a Java hacker, you could probably do this pretty easily (I would
help someone get set up with Eclipse), and receive the adoration of
millions (well, hundreds maybe) for adding this often requested
functionality.