[389-users] I'm going to compile the sources to generate .debs --scripts attached

Ryan Braun [ADS] ryan.braun at ec.gc.ca
Thu May 21 16:13:21 UTC 2009

On May 19, 2009 07:21:41 pm Rich Megginson wrote:
> Morenisco wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to try compiling the sources to generate .debs for Debian/GNU
> > Linux, just a try...
> > I would like to avoid use alien, due to could be better to generate .debs
> > from the sources.
> >
> > Well, I see that the URL to get the sources if the following:
> >
> > http://directory.fedoraproject.org/sources/
> >
> > But I'm not sure about what files do I need.
> > I think that I need those files:
> >
> > 389-admin-1.1.7.tar.bz2
> > 389-admin-console-1.1.3.tar.bz2
> > 389-adminutil-1.1.8.tar.bz2
> > 389-console-1.1.3.tar.bz2
> > 389-ds-base-1.2.1.tar.bz2
> > 389-ds-console-1.2.0.tar.bz2
> > 389-dsgw-1.1.2.tar.bz2
> >
> > Can someone confirm please?
>
> Start with 389-ds-base - here are the BuildRequires from the spec file:
> BuildRequires:    nspr-devel
> BuildRequires:    nss-devel
> BuildRequires:    svrcore-devel
> BuildRequires:    mozldap-devel
> BuildRequires:    db4-devel
> BuildRequires:    cyrus-sasl-devel
> BuildRequires:    icu
> BuildRequires:    libicu-devel
> # The following are needed to build the snmp ldap-agent
> BuildRequires:    net-snmp-devel
> %ifnarch sparc sparc64 ppc ppc64
> BuildRequires:    lm_sensors-devel
> %endif
> BuildRequires:    bzip2-devel
> BuildRequires:    zlib-devel
> BuildRequires:    openssl-devel
> BuildRequires:    tcp_wrappers
> BuildRequires:    libselinux-devel
> # the following is for the pam passthru auth plug-in
> BuildRequires:    pam-devel
>
> Most of these are already in debian, although some of them will be named
> differently.
>
> The two notable exceptions are mozldap and svrcore
>
> perl-Mozilla-LDAP is not a build dependency but you will need this to
> run setup et. al.
>
> > Thanks.

I've attached some scripts I had created a while back.  I've been running the
etch 1.1 build for a while.  But they do build lenny 1.2 packages.  I just
haven't tested them that much yet.  Just edit the config file,  and build
them in the following order.

svrcore
mozldap
perldap
fedora-ds-base
adminutil
mod_nss
fefora-ds-admin
console

Also,  the debian package control section needs some work,  but the package
depends should all work if you throw the packages in your own apt repo.
Also,  the console jars didn't build all that well in lenny,  apt kept
pulling in some gcj packages that kept breaking the build, so YMMV.

Ryan