[389-users] Customizing IDM Console

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri May 22 22:21:34 UTC 2009

Dumbo Q wrote:
> Is there any way to customize the idm console?  I basically just need
> a tool for add/mod/remove users and groups for authentication.
> centos-ds worked out of the box for authenticaition, but I had to
> manually pick a uid and gid.  Is there a way to have idm-console pick
> the next available id?
>
> If not, has anyone tried Gosa with fedora directory?

You can customize the IDM console if you can code Java - I can help get
you set up with Eclipse if you really want to go this route, but I don't
recommend it if you have no prior Java experience.

There is also the dsgw (fedora-ds-dsgw) that should work with centos-ds
- just grab the fedora-ds-dsgw package for EL5 - see
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Download and
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/WebApps_Install