[389-users] Fedora-DS Multi Master "no such replica"

Peter Steen steen at ing-steen.se
Sat May 23 22:45:33 UTC 2009

Hello Folks!

I am setting up two fedora-ds servers, lets call them server one and server two at two different locations, both need to be in sync at all time, they keep config for sendmail, dbmail and horde-imp.

Both fedora-ds setup are identical exept hostnames.

I have added several schemas in server one, in order to handle sendmail, dbmail and horde + imp. All is working 100%.

Setting up replication with inspiration from http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:WalkthroughMultimasterSSL and http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9517 ends up with an error at next last stage of the Linux Journal guide.

Serve one is source and server two is "consumer" in the first attempt to initialize server two from server one.

The result is:
                      The consumer initialization has unsuccessfully completed.
                      The error recieved by the replica is: 6 replication error aquiring replica replica: no such replica.

In logfiles I can see on server one that it tries, logfiles at server two says something, but I can not see server one actually login.
When doing the telnet test between server one and server two I can acces the LDAP servers at port 389
Also I can do ldapsearch between the two servers without any problem at all.

I am stuck here.

Is schema:s not replicated or what can it be ?

Thank you in advance!

Regards //
            //  Peter Steen