[389-users] Admin-console doesn't work after upgrade

Jens Ådne Rydland jensadne at pvv.ntnu.no
Wed Nov 4 13:53:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 03, 2009 at 10:28:19AM -0700, Rich Megginson wrote:
> Jens Ådne Rydland wrote:
>> Hi, recently our LDAP server (CentOS 5.4) got upgraded, so we no longer
>> have
>> the command fedora-idm-console, but instead have gotten 389-console. The
>> LDAP service it self works flawlessly, but when trying to open the admin
>> console it fails with
>>
>> "netscape.ldap.LDAPException: error result (32); No such object"
>>
>> Running "service dirsrv-admin status" returns that the admin server is
>> running, and running 389-console with -D indicates that the server
>> indeed replies.
>>
>> So, is there some extra configuration needed after upgrading, such as
>> running setup-ds-admin.pl again?

> Yes.  You always have to run setup-ds-admin.pl -u after an upgrade, to
> refresh the console information.
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Install_Guide#Upgrading
> Note that 389-ds-base 1.2.2 and 389-admin 1.1.8 and earlier have a bug
> in that they do not update the console information properly.  If you run
> into this problem, you might consider upgrading to 389-ds-base 1.2.3 and
> 389-admin 1.1.9 which you can find in the testing repo.
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Notes

Right. And when I try to run setup-ds-admin.pl -u I'm asked about misc.
information that I don't have readily available, but most of it is
auto-filled in, and I guess it stored in some configuration file from
the previous time the admin-server was set up?

Seems like no matter what I enter it returns "Error:  No such object" or
"Error: Invalid credentials". At least the last one I suppose means it
managed to connect to the LDAP server, but got the wrong admin password
or something? If it is the wrong password, how can I reset it?

--
regards, Jens Ådne Rydland