[389-users] Links for new passsync files

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 18:10:46 UTC 2009

James Roman wrote:
> Very first impression during installation. There is a weird chicken
> and egg problem. Installation fails because it can not start the
> passsync service. Service start-up fails because it can not establish
> an SSL connection. NSS database for SSL needs to be in the directory
> that is created during the install process. So you have to create a
> NSS database ahead of time, initiate the install process, when the
> service start up fails, drop your NSS database into the folder "389
> directory password synchronization" folder and then hit "retry" to
> start up the service so that the installation completes successfully.
What platform?  What you are describing was a bug in the PassSync 1.1.1
package that should have been fixed in 1.1.2.  If you are sure you're
using the 1.1.2 package, then try this:

open a cmd window
msiexec /i \path\to\389-PassSync-1.1.2-x86_64.msi /l*v inst.log
check inst.log for sensitive information
paste inst.log to fpaste.org and email the link to the list

>>> 389-users at redhat.com