[389-users] Perl/python script to sync with AD

Prashanth Sundaram psundaram at wgen.net
Fri Nov 6 18:17:16 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I finally got the 389-ds working with PAM-PTA and everything looks fine so
far. I am investigating on scripting the AD sync using
perl/python/ldapscripts(shell). Anybody has any advice on the choice. I see
perl¹s Net:LDAP is pretty comprehensive with  easy to use functions, but
just in case if your opinion differs. I have a Perl script which partially
does the job and wouldn't mind sharing if you want to take a peep.

requirements:
1. Sync one-way from AD --> LDAP with only posix attributes.
2. Disable/delete accounts in ldap if disabled/deleted in AD.
3. Sync Groups and its members.

PS: I am a newbie with scripting.

Thanks,
Prashanth