[389-users] Windows Console Quit Working

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 20:08:30 UTC 2009

Glenn wrote:
> I fixed this by adding the path of my Java installation to the path statement
> in the batch file that starts the console.  It appears that Java installs
> java.exe in c:\windows\system32 as well as in c:\program files\java\jre6
> \bin.  The system32 folder is in the normal system path, so I guess Java is
> normally started from the system32 folder.
Not sure about java, but the console .bat file should always be started
from the \program files\fedora whatever console folder.  That must be
the working directory because that's where the required .dlls are
located.  If the the .dlls cannot be located in the current working
directory, then they are looked for in the PATH.
> For some reason, the console
> can't find the required libraries when Java is started from
> c:\windows\system32
Right - see above
> Here is the relevant line from fedora-idm-console.bat
> with my addition:
>
> set PATH=%BASEPATH%;c:\program files\java\jre6\bin;%PATH%
>
> -G.

>>> idm-console-mcc_en.jar;./idm-console-nmclf.jar;./idm-console-
>>> nmclf_en.jar;./fedo
>>> ra-idm-console_en.jar" -Djava.util.prefs.systemRoot=/.fedora-idm-console -
>>> Djava.
>>> util.prefs.userRoot=/.fedora-idm-console
>>> com.netscape.management.client.console.

>>> 389-users at redhat.com