[389-users] more MMR issues

Robert Viduya robert+fds at shangri-la.ts.gatech.edu
Fri Nov 13 18:17:15 UTC 2009

On Nov 12, 2009, at 6:41 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:

> Robert Viduya wrote:
> I don't see anything which indicates that someone initiated a
> replica init from this master.  I would expect to see a MOD on the
> replication agreement entry, and I don't see that.

That's the issue, no-one initiated a replica init.  But somehow, that
master saw one come over the wire.

> Are you using a BigIP or some other type of load balancing device
> between the two servers?  If so, I wonder if that is somehow causing
> problems.

We are using a BIGIP to load-balance our customer's access, but
obviously you can't load-balance replication.  Our replication
agreements point to the servers themselves, not to the advertised
service on the load balancer.

It does look like, from the logs, there were some communication
errors, but we can't avoid those.  The replication protocol should be
robust enough to handle that.