[389-users] server crash (389 server 1.2.1 on FC10 domu / centos 5.3 dom0)

Mikael Kermorgant mikael.kermorgant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 13:44:48 UTC 2009

Hello,

We've recently migrated our old FDS 1.0.2/FC4 setup to a new one
hosted on a xen virtualised FC10. The dom0 is centos 5.3 and 389
server version is 1.2.1.

It has been working about a week, but we have recently faced some crashes.

First ones were the day after a schema modification on the master
which had not been weel propagated on the slaves. This could be the
explanation but I'm not really sure as it worked well several hours.

The last one was today when using the console.

Problem is we have no logs. Server suddenly freezes and is no more
available via ssh , vnc or xen console.

Would somebody have an idea about which steps to debug this situation ?
Could it be that virtualizing FC1 on Centos 5.3 was a bad idea ?

Regards,

--
Mikael Kermorgant