[389-users] server crash (389 server 1.2.1 on FC10 domu / centos 5.3 dom0)

Mikael Kermorgant mikael.kermorgant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 15:46:16 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 5:24 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
> Mikael Kermorgant wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> First ones were the day after a schema modification on the master
>> which had not been weel propagated on the slaves.
>
> How did you modify the schema on the master?

Via the console, by adding an attribute.
Had to copy the schema files to the slaves later.

>> This could be the
>> explanation but I'm not really sure as it worked well several hours.
>>
>> The last one was today when using the console.
>>

> Try console -D 9 -f console.log if you can reproduce the

Ok, I'll try that next time.

>> Problem is we have no logs. Server suddenly freezes and is no more
>> available via ssh , vnc or xen console.
>>

> So the entire VM freezes, not just the directory server?
> So you see the server crashing and the VM freezing?

Yes, sort of. I still had control of the cursor but could not ctrl+c
the console on the xterm

>> Would somebody have an idea about which steps to debug this situation ?
>>

> Anything in the error log?  /var/log/messages ?  any other log files in
> /var/log?

Only in /var/log/xen/xend.log which indicates that this is quite offtopic.

I'll see what I can find on the xen side,

Thanks,

Mikael