[389-users] 389 certificate issues...

Trey Sheldon trey at metaweb.com
Fri Oct 2 21:57:59 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I've been evaluating and prepping to deploy 389 for a couple months
now and while working on my final deployment I've run into a snag...

I created two servers and successfully enabled SSL on them.  I'm
attempting to create a third using the exact same procedure and can't
seem to get SSL enabled.

I used the admin-gui to install the request / install the certs and
roots.

##WORKING
#certutil -L -d .
Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
Attributes
                                                              SSL,S/
MIME,JAR/XPI
Metaweb Root Certificate                                     CT,,
Metaweb Host Root Certificate                                CT,,
server-cert                                                  u,u,u

# certutil -L -d . -n server-cert
Certificate:
         Version: 3 (0x2)
         Serial Number: 88 (0x58)
         Signature Algorithm: PKCS #1 MD5 With RSA Encryption
	Issuer: ........ <full certificate>

## NOT WORKING
# certutil -L -d .
Certificate Nickname                                         Trust
Attributes
                                                              SSL,S/
MIME,JAR/XPI
Metaweb Root Certificate                                     CT,,
Metaweb Host Root Certificate                                CT,,
server-cert                                                  u,u,u

# certutil -L -d . -n server-cert
certutil: Could not find: server-cert
: security library: bad database.

These systems are automatically deployed and configured and should
have identical package revisions and configurations.  I'm at a blank
to what is causing the problem.   Any insight that people have would
be *greatly* appreciated.

Sincerely,
Trey SHeldon